Wednesday, February 07, 2007

School Has Begun!



Classes began today! I arrived at the school around 8 a.m. to find these seven eager students already waiting and ready to begin their classes. And, yes, here are the two first professors to arrive (this is Lanny from Cosumnes River College), ready to fill those eager young minds!

Here is my class schedule this semester:

Business Communications (BUS 250)
Mondays/Wednesdays, 8:30-10:20 a.m.

International Business (BUS 209)
Mondays/Wednesdays, 10:30 a.m.-12:20 p.m.

If you're looking for more, you can stop. Yes, that's it! You might be wondering how I got this great schedule, and in Florence no less. Back when I was first selected to teach in the program, there was some question about whether there would even be demand for business courses; after all, they had never been offered as part of the curriculum in the program's 20-year history. I was offered the chance to go to Florence, with the stipulation that I only teach half a load. How could I possibly say no?! And by teaching overload during the summer and fall, I was able to bank enough that I'm still earning my regular full-time salary. A pretty good gig, if you ask me!

Anyway, the fears were quickly allayed once registration began. I have 20 students in Business Communications, which is a wonderful size to work with for a class like this. And I officially have the largest (perhaps ever) group of students in International Business -- 44!! As you can see above, it took me two shots to capture the whole group. I'd say that this proves it -- business courses really do belong in the Study Abroad curriculum!

I am looking forward to an exciting semester with the wonderful groups of students in these two classes. Let the learning begin!

No comments: