Friday, February 02, 2007

Some Interior Shots




Chip has been asking for some interior shots of my apartment, and no wonder. After all, he'll be living here for about a month beginning March 17 (and, believe me, that day can't come soon enough!). So here they are.

We'll start with the living room with my working (yes, working!) fireplace. To the left of the fireplace is my office area, which I've already put to lots of good use. Next is the kitchen niche, which is too small to really photograph, so you'll just get a glimpse of it. By the way, everything worked perfectly last night, and my spaghetti with vongole sauce was delicious! I ate my meal last night at my dining table. The door behind the table leads out to a tiny balcony, which is also where I'll be hanging my clothes to dry (I haven't tackled that yet!).

The next photo is of the bathroom. Notice the bidet? I have since covered it with a flat basket, making a little table out of it as storage space in there is at a premium. Finally, here is my bedroom. As you can tell, a double bed just about fills it!

Don't you just love it, all 400 square feet of it? This is my home away from home for the next three and and half months. I just love it

4 comments:

JasOK said...

Carolyn, will you need the fireplace? I like the idea of you working next to a burning fire but I have no idea what kind of weather you have (I COULD look it up, but why should I, knowing you'll report back).

James

Carolyn Seefer said...

Buona mattina, James! Yes, of course I'll report back! Actually, our weather has been beautiful -- highs in the 50s and lows in the 30s. It's definitely cold enough for a fire at night, although I must admit I haven't had one yet (the picture I posted was lifted from my leasing company's site, along with the photo of the bedroom, but I did take the rest!). Anyway, I have no idea where to get wood, and I've yet to find a Duraflame log, which would be much easier to cart up 54 steps than a bundle of wood! I'll keep looking! Hope all is well in PH!

Carolyn

Sue said...

Geez,

I forgot my account details and had to create a new one...

Now, I want to sit on the end of the couch by the fireplace and drink--I mean, gulp, wine with you. Next, I think the bidet is a way cool cultural item and should be de-basketed, and stay away from Italian soccer mania!! The news just had a story about the pandemonium (sp?). I love the pictures and reading about your adventures. I'm sure Chip is even more anxious to join you.

Stay safe,
Sue

Carolyn Seefer said...

Hey, Sue!

Yes, you can see why Chip wahts to get here as quickly as possible. My apartment here actually reminds me a bit of the Mac Pad, don't you think? As for that bidet, I would consider unbasketing it, but what the heck do you do with it? Any insights would be greatly appreciated! And you, lady, are welcome to gulp wine on my couch any day!

Carolyn